expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Saturday, April 1, 2017

30 Days to Better You | Philosophical Life

Here I am, interrupting your Saturday afternoon with possibly a life changing post.
A couple of months ago an idea was born in my head while I was dreaming about cool artsy boys. There are so many great people in this world but I'm especially attracted to the I-am-super-arsty-and-cool-and-deep-and-also-do-a-lot-of-shit-at-such-a-young-age type, a good example would be Bertie Gilbert or Cole Sprouse or Charlie Heaton or Sergei Polunin etc. And a question arises, why aren't I friends with such people? After pointless attempts of moving to London or attending artsy youth parties, I realised that I'm too broke and introverted for this kinda life so the only logical way out would be becoming as cool as these people (whom I adore) are. Yeah, great, read ten books a week, start drawing and filming, writing poetry and also learn five languages two of which are dead. Of course, great decision but not really possible when your life is a mess and your body can't make it up 3 floors of stairs. That's why the first Volume of my (or our) journey to becoming a true philosopher will be dedicated to body and soul.



Volume I

"Mens sana in corpore sano"

Body

Healthy food
Before starting on any exercise I feel that we need to prepare and cleanse our body from all the toxins and having a healthy diet is the way to go. I do understand that it may sound a bit unrealistic because you can't suddenly give up all your bad habits that's why we are just gonna concentrate on some points to start our journey with. The guidelines are:
  • oatmeal for breakfast (literally the best decision in my life. You can always add some fresh fruits or honey for flavour)
  • drink more water (like 2-3 litters per day)
  • more tea, less coffee 
  • fresh/baked/dried fruits as snack 
  • dark chocolate (I'm talking 75% and up) rather than milky (it will also help your brains)
  • say no to alcohol because we ain't fancy enough yet for a glass of good wine in the evening or an expensive whiskey (not yet guys, not yet) (okay, maybe a glass of decent wine once in a while but no cocktails)


Soul


Law of Attraction (new thought)

Now let's talk about spiritual stuff. For starters we need to deal with our (mine) constant depression and positive thinking is what will help us. I won't go too deep into explaining the Law of Attraction but basically if you think positively and visualise your goals all of it will be more likely to happen and you'll live a great life. Our thoughts produce an aura around us and depending their charge we attract the same aura (positive or negative) from the rest of the world forming our future in certain way. So, for this 30 days our goal is to try thinking more positive and also maybe create a mood board. 




The Connection

Yoga
Okay, now when we established some work on both body and soul we need to bring it all together and connect the ends to stabilize ourselves as humans and what can better than Yoga the ultimate training for both of out sides. Of course, if you wanna be boogie you can go take yoga lessons at your local fitness club but I ain't got money for dat so we are going to start with some home workouts. The easiest and best way is just to search "yoga for beginners on youtube" and you'll tones of tutorials. as for me, personally, I really like Yoga with Adriene and probs I'm gonna the 30 days of yoga thing. 
Rounding up, our goal is to ease into doing a lil bit of yoga now and then. We're going to go deeper on this matter in our next 30 days enhancing our abilities and workouts.




Finally, a few words about the concept behind it. 
I'm going to post every month bringing something new each time.  
I'll pay more attention to previous topics as well as add some new ones.
I may also post some semi-posts during the month and maybe explain 
more about each topic or catch you up on my progress
and how I'm feeling.
If you still here and want to start this journey with me comment  and post using #30daysofphilosophicallife
Peace out 
XoXo 
Ivana   

No comments:

Post a Comment