expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Philosophical Life p.2 | 30 Days to Better You

Bonjour, my friends! 
I'm interrupting this beautiful Sunday afternoon with a comeback of my monthly series leading to better you. This post is all about cleansing, searching, training and just getting life together one piece at a time. Now the first part or the 30 days started back in April and I decided to extend it to two months to give us some space and time to get used to all these new stuff as well as the concept in general. I hope you've also tried some of my challenges that I posted throughout these two months, trust me they're made to help you ease into it. Check them out: Self-care and Water Drinking, Creating a Mood Board. Okay, now, in today's post I'm going to take a further look at our previous three chapters: Eating Healthy, Law of Attraction and Yoga. Moreover, I will add one new chapter to each dimension.



Volume I

"Mens sana in corpore sano"



Body

Healthy food
Let's start with healthy food. We tackled this topic last time and have even done 30 Day Water Challenge to help us stay hydrated. My personal experience tells me that it's just not quite possible to get used to a new routine even as simple as the one I choose for us if you love fast food and have no self-control whatsoever. That's why this time I'm not going to add a lot of new things. Once again, one step at time. I'm going to remind you that we are cutting one any fried, sugary or in general fast food meals. It's also important that you drink enough liquid especially during summer, you can come back to 30 Day Water printable any time you need it. For these 30 Days I will introduce one challenge later this month and we're also adding some new elements to our routine. We're already consuming less sugar and less fat and stuff so our next challenge is cutting on salt as in adding less salt to anything we cook. It will not only help you slow down aging but will give all the products a much richer natural flavour. Don't worry, we won't stop using salt at all (at least rn), although, you can change your regular salt for a sea salt which is healthier and richer in taste.



  
The Plank
image taken from https://i.kinja-img.com
The Plank exercise (also called a front hold, hover, or abdominal bridge) is an isometric core strength  that involves maintaining a position similar to a push-up for the maximum possible time" - as said by Wiki.  Yes, yes, I'm bringing some exercise. The time has come to start doing some training with our body. Besides, it's summer, isn't it just motivating you to do more stuff? I thought that we probably start with something easy so I choose a workout that doesn't need much space, time or movement. Plank may seem like a very simple and easy exercise but it actually does tone our muscles a lot. There're several positions and timelines that you can choose but don't worry if you're feeling lazy and don't want to do a research I will 
provide you with my own curated 30 Day plan later this month. For now I challenge you to do one position (new each day) a day for 30 seconds (if you can do 60 then totally cool). 



Soul

Law of Attraction (new thought)
In the Body dimension we've talked about Positive thinking and made a mood board last time. For these 30 Days I'm going to take you on 30 Day Happiness Challenge starting June 1st with a lot of cute, funny and random things to complete. Also, let me know if you want any literature recommendations on this topic.


Meditation
What can be more helpful for our finding some peace and quiet in our mind than Meditation? Well, sure there are some things but meditating is also rather helpful. Our challenge will be to understand what's going on inside us, not trying to change anything, just letting it happen and observing. Trust me, it's enough work for one month. Of course you can't just sit down and suddenly realise everything (I mean, you can but rarely does it happen and it's also not really healthy) so we're going to start with just about 5-10 minutes of meditating each day for these next 30 Days. You can do in the morning, evening, during a walk in the park or while commuting, literally whenever and wherever so there may be no excuses. Although, it's possible to just figure it out all by yourself, I'm still going to recommend you guys some of my fav apps that I personally used (#notspon but I wish I were). They're all free. A great way to start is to take a 10 Day 10 min course by Headspace. You'll get guided meditations each day for ten days. If you need to deal with something more specific then Breathe is an excellent choice. You'll be able to choose from hundred different meditation to deal with a particular feeling or problem.





The Connection

Yoga
Rounding up, our goal is to ease into doing a lil bit of yoga now and then. We're going to go deeper on this matter in our next 30 days enhancing our abilities and workouts.
I don't know about you but I couldn't make myself do a whole month of yoga everyday. Believe me, even if you've done yoga like once a week or two weeks throughout these two months, it's still real cool. We're getting to know our body here as well as our mind so no need to rush, we can be a lil lazy why not. I totally understand that some people need extra motivation to do all that and doing it everyday is quite time-consuming and hard. So I've created my own 30 Day Yoga Challenge that will help us all lazy couch potatoes ease into it without to much effort. It starts tomorrow so keep an on my blog!




Clean Life

Finally, finishing this part with a new addition to The Connection section. You what they say - clean environment, clean mind. For this time we'll just with basic cleaning. No decluttering, no fancy organising yet 'cause we're taking it easy. Also, I feel like it'll still be helpful with these listed problems. So kids, we're cleaning our rooms, bathrooms, cabinets and literally anything that can be cleaned. Throughout upcoming weeks (or weeks) I will be posting guides on how and how often you need to clean this or that thing in your house so stay tuned. For I'm simply recommending you go wash the dishes, swipe dust off and maybe vacuum. 




You can follow my journey on  Instagram




I'm going to post every month bringing something new each time.  
I'll pay more attention to previous topics as well as add some new ones.
I may also post some semi-posts during the month and maybe explain 
more about each topic or catch you up on my progress
and how I'm feeling.
If you're still here and want to start this journey with me comment  and post using #30daysofphilosophicallife

Stay true  
XoXo 
Ivana   

No comments:

Post a Comment